Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day

Hello all. We have not fallen off the face of the Earth, but we have been busy. My new obsession is to become a runner and do really well this year when I participate in the Des Moines half Marathon. Last year I finished, but was really disappointed in how tired and slow I was. To get faster, I started the year off going to the gym three days a week, and then at the end of January I signed up for Jazzercise. I am now taking 3-4 Jazzercise classes a week and running (ok really slow jogging) 2-3 times a week. Today I jogged 2.8 miles without stopping once to rest. This is a first for me, usually I do a walk/jog combo. Last weekend I did a 5k in Champaign, IL and finished in 38:45. Here is a link for my big finish. I also won a competition through my Jazzercise class to lose the most weight in a 12 week period. Yay me!!!!

4 comments:

Grandma Linda said...

Yay, you!!! It was fun to see your 5K finish... lot and lots of people finishing after you!

Abbie said...

Yay you! Good work, Robin! That is great!

C Brown said...

Yay Robin....now it will be your turn to say "come on one mor mile, we are almost there" :)

Unknown said...

That is so "weigh" cool. Congratulations and I am interested in how the marathon training goes - and the upcoming races. Boston here you come!