Friday, August 3, 2007

I passed!!



Today has been an eventful crazy day. It all started out at 7am when Lucy woke up. In an effort to follow the Dr.'s orders I sliced up fresh mango to give to Lucy. Before today I had never eaten mango (except for Starbursts and I don't think that counts). Because of it's large core, I had a really hard time cutting it up. Then I thought the fruit was too hard, so I threw some in the chopper, but it didn't look like the baby food mango. Well, Lucy did not like finely chopped mango but she loved the small bites. I also enjoyed some mango bites. After breakfast and some playtime Lucy was ready for her morning nap. She went down pretty easy so I decided to use the hour for a bath. I timed it to perfection and finished up right as Lucy was waking up. Feeling pretty girly from the bath I decided I would paint my toe nails (which I haven't done since the early months of being pregnant with Lucy.) I set Lucy on the rug with a pile of toys and started the process. The left foot went great and I was congratulating myself when I managed to kick the bottle of polish off the stool I was using and onto the floor. With a huge crash nail polish went everywhere including all over my freshly pressed pants (see photo above.) Luckily I was able to wipe it up off the wood floor and none got on the walls. So all that was lost was an overly wrinkly pair of ill-fitting capri pants that I got on sale last year. I proceeded to finish the right foot and for some reason it didn't turn out as good as the other, hence it is not in the photo above. After making double sure the damage was contained to my pants, I went upstairs to change and touch up my hair. While touching up my hair I set Lucy on the floor. Being the mobile creature that is, she is did not stay where I put her. In the 30 second between when I set her down and when I realized I did not close the bedroom door she had crawled out to the steps. Luckily the chants of "feet first" and "no stairs" had paid off because she was at the top of the stairs just looking out the front windows. Thanking my lucky stars that my neglect had not caused harm to Lucy I went to change pants, closing the door this time and making a note to have Daddy install a gate. Choosing new pants was quite a dilemma because I am between sizes right now and I couldn't decide what would be appropriate for going to a new hire physical and filling out paperwork. Finally I put on a pair of jeans, but the jeans made my shirt look too casual so I put on a peach and white striped blouse. I picked Lucy up to go out the door and what did I smell? You guessed it. Poopy Pants! So I changed her diaper and her cute little skirt because it got messed on and out the door we go. When we get to KinderCare Lucy, being the brilliant child she is, immediately figured out what was going on. She clung to Mommy, gave me sad eyes, and cried. Believe me, I got the works. I got her relatively calm and headed to the Hinsdale Family Medicine Center. On the way there a Prelude tried to race me (Jon I'm sure you appreciate this). And then all of a sudden I am driving though all of these gorgeous huge old houses with wonderful gardens. I miss my turn and have to turn around to get to the hospital. I was told that I would have to cross a bridge to get to the hospital, but I did not realize it was a one lane arched bridge. It arched up so high I couldn't see the other side and I had to stop at a light to wait for my turn to cross. And then I was on the hospital campus. I looked like a college campus with lots of brick buildings, trees and sidewalks. I arrived at my appointment 30 minutes early (you never know with traffic around here.) They worked me in early so I only had to wait about 2 minutes and I passed my physical with flying colors. I then went to another building to drop of the paperwork with Karen in Employee Health. She was very friendly and congratulated me on getting the job and marrying for brains (she guessed that I moved to Bolingbrook for a man and asked what Jon did.) I then met with Carmen who is the HR associate at the Hinsdale Hospital. She gave me all of my paperwork and introduced me to the HR staff there. Everyone was really warm and friendly. They were all happy that Audra is finally going to have someone to help her. After I completed all the paperwork I was pretty hungry. In my rush to clean the polish mess I didn't eat lunch, so I stopped at the Burger King and got a whopper and berry slushy. Yum. Then I headed back to KinderCare to get the Lucy-Bear. On the way there a little boy ran in front of my car, but luckily I had enough time to stop. Lucy was happily sitting in the bouncer watching the other kids play when I got, but started crying to get out when she saw me. We cuddled and talked about how nice Ms. Marian is and then we left. After that we went to the Kohls super sale and bought Mommy some new work clothes. Then we went home to nap until Daddy got home. The rest of the day was pretty boring. I will start working on Tuesday. The girl I am going to train with on the database has Monday off.

No comments: